1. name the 5 wealthiest people in the world
2. name the last 5 Heisman trophy winners
3. name the last 5 winners of the Miss America contest
4. name the 10 people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize
5. name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor/actress
6. name the last decade's worth of World Series winners
How did you do?
the point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. these are no second-rate achievers. they are the best in their fields. but the applause dies. awards tarnish. achievements are forgotten. accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
here's another quiz. see how you do on this one:
1. list a few teachers who aided your journey through school
2. name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time
3. name 5 people who have taught you something worthwhile
4. think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special
5. think of 5 people you enjoy spending time with
6. name half a dozen heroes whose stories has inspired you
the lesson: the people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. they are the ones that care.
pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life...